Work From Home
This Remote Community Support Team Lead Job at ModSquad Comes With Benefits
Penny Hoarders, a position in the ModSquad has opened up!
No, not “The Mod Squad,” that ragtag team of rebellious undercover cops that infiltrated the counterculture in the ’60s TV show.
I’m talking about ModSquad, you dig? It’s a digital engagement company that offers customer support, moderation and social media management services. The company provides digital services to major brands like the NFL, Warner Bros., PBS Kids, HarperCollins, Showtime and Beats Music.
If you have leadership experience and awesome customer care skills, you could join the team that services those big brand names, because ModSquad is currently hiring a work-from-home community support team lead.
The job is split into three main parts: supervising and mentoring a team of 15 ModSquad/Vimeo support agents; assisting customers who use Vimeo and resolving tickets through Zendesk; and working with other ModSquad/Vimeo leaders on various objectives.
This full-time position is open anywhere in the U.S., but preference will be given to applicants living in or near Portland, Oregon.
Employees with ModSquad work Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. PST, and sometimes on weekends. Employees also get benefits, a company-provided computer for work, and discretionary — aka unlimited — vacation days!
The job listing doesn’t specify pay, but does say it will depend on experience.
If this type of gig isn’t for you — or you thought you could become a rogue detective in bell bottoms — don’t worry. You can check out our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Although, I can’t promise one of those will be for an undercover cop on a TV show.
Community Support Team Lead at ModSquad
Pay: Not specified
- Providing tech support and answering customer questions via email
- Troubleshooting video playback problems
- Assisting customers with billing and purchasing
- Identifying and helping to resolve recurring customer issues
- Writing customer response templates
- Helping the team with difficult customer issues
- Coordinating your team’s schedules, including shift rotations and time off requests
- Leading monthly team meetings and one-on-one check-ins
- Helping your team grow professionally by using metrics to achieve career goals
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent; some college is preferred
- At least two years of leadership experience in customer support
- At least two years of virtual tech support experience
- Stellar written communication skills
- Internet savvy
- Familiarity with customer support concepts like macros and templates
- A passion for film and video is a bonus
- Medical, dental and vision
- Life insurance
- A matching 401(k) plan
- Discretionary vacation
- A company computer with accompanying software tools
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.