Work From Home
UnitedHealth Is Hiring a Travel Agent for Clients With Medical Emergencies
Imagine you’re on vacation halfway across the world when tragedy strikes and you end up in the hospital. How do you get home?
If, instead of panicking, you immediately calculated the costs of three airlines plus accommodations for everyone traveling with you, UnitedHealth Group might have a job for you.
The insurance company is seeking a travel agent to assist clients who need to book hotels, flights and more due to medical emergencies.
This full-time job requires you to work 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EST, including weekends, and to provide on-call support as needed.
Commercial Clients Travel Agent at UnitedHealth Group
- Scheduling domestic and international flights, hotels, car rentals for clients and accompanying members
- Obtaining medical clearance from airlines
- Advising on visa, passport and security requirements
- Coordinating with emergency response center to determine appropriate transportation, accommodations and travel dates while taking into consideration client’s financial resources
- Working with finance teams to complete travel expense reports
- Maintaining database of traveler profiles
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or GED
- At least three years experience as a travel agent — travel agent certification preferred
- At least three years experience working with the SABRE reservation system
- Ability to use Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Multitasking skills and excellent typing skills
- Health insurance, including vision and dental plans
- Health Savings Accounts and Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) plan
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Paid time off
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid parental leave and adoption assistance plan
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer with The Penny Hoarder.