Work From Home
Verizon Is Hiring Customer Service Representatives in the Tampa Bay Area
Can you hear that? That’s the sound of a work-from-home gig with benefits calling your name.
Verizon is hiring full-time, work-from-home customer service representatives. Applicants must live within 90 minutes of the call center in Tampa, Florida.
The customer service rep will need a flexible schedule that allows split shifts and nights, as well as a designated work space and the ability to get work done independently. Previous customer service or remote work experience is a bonus.
The job will start on Nov. 4 and requires 12 weeks of training. The training will be split into two different schedules:
- Week 1-5: Sunday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Week 6-12: Sunday through Thursday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
If you don’t live close enough to the Tampa call center or the schedule doesn’t work for you, it’s all good. Check out our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal; we post new opportunities there all the time — and we vet them, too.
Customer Service Representative at Verizon
Pay: Not specified
- Troubleshooting and resolving device, billing and service issues
- Upselling services to customers
- Building customer relationships through stellar customer service
Applicants for this position must have:
- An associate’s degree or at least one year of work experience
- Ability to report to the call center in Tampa within 90 minutes
- A flexible schedule that allows nights, split shifts, weekends and holidays
- A quiet home-office space
- Internet with a direct connection to a cable or fiber modem
- Previous customer service or billing experience
- Previous remote work experience
- Medical coverage
- 401(k) with company matching
- Vacation and holiday time
- Paid parental leave
- Tuition assistance
- Discounts on Verizon products
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.