I didn’t realize this until I moved out of my home state of Wisconsin — but alcohol is expensive.
Unless you’re a pro at finding nightly specials, know a lot of bartenders or are willing to choke down well cocktails all night, an evening out is going to be hard on your wallet.
Until now… We’ve found a way to actually save money on drinks at bars, restaurants and liquor stores.
BevRAGE is a fun rebate app that lets you get cash back on drink deals. And it’s available all over the country.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the app for free and browse drink deals in your area.
- Choose the deals you want, and buy the items.
- Click “Redeem” on the offer in the app, and take a picture of your receipt.
- Cash will be deposited into your PayPal account within 48 hours.
What Kinds of Deals Will You Find?
BevRAGE is always updating with new deals, so check back before you go out.
For example when I checked, the latest deals included:
- $2 off Columbia Crest wines
- $3 off a 1.75L “handle” of Captain Morgan rum
- $6 off a 1.75L bottle of Ciroc vodka
Offers in bars and restaurants near me included:
- $2 off a Gosling’s rum cocktail
- $3 off a Stoli cocktail
- Thirsty Thursday App-y Hour special: $2 off any beer on Thursday
Redeem these anywhere — you’re not restricted to specific locations. However, you do have to be 21 or older to take advantage of these deals!
Note: These deals aren’t yet available in Alabama, Arkansas, Hawaii, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas and Utah.
Your Turn: What do you think? Will you use this app to save money on alcohol?
Disclosure: What would Abe do? Probably pat us on the back for placing affiliate links in this post. Thanks for helping us fill The Penny Hoarder’s beer fridge!
Dana Sitar (@danasitar) is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’s written for Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Writer’s Digest and more, attempting humor wherever it’s allowed (and sometimes where it’s not).