Score a Free $10 Walmart Gift Card with This Simple Trick
Have you heard of MyPoints before? They are a cash-back site that pays you to print coupons and shop online. We use them all the time at our house, because it’s instant way to save on everything you buy.
This month they’re offering a pretty sweet deal — spend $20 at Walmart and they’ll send you a free $10 gift card!
Here’s how it works…
- Sign up for MyPoints here (you just need to give them a name and email address)
- MyPoints will instantly send you an email to confirm your email address. You need to click that in order to get the free gift card.
- Lastly, you’ll need to purchase $20 worth of products on Walmart.com (you can buy groceries too!). MyPoints will reward you with 1,750 bonus points which you can then redeem for a $10 Walmart gift card. Easy peasy.
Bonus Tip: Stack the Gift Card to Get $30 in Groceries for $17.93
Because almost any shopping qualifies for this offer and you can choose your reward, use MyPoints to save on just about anything you want to buy.
And, as always, a smart Penny Hoarder can stack this offer to make it an even better deal!
For example, let’s look at how you can use MyPoints to save money on groceries:
- Sign up for MyPoints with your email or Facebook account.
- Buy $20 in groceries on Walmart.com through MyPoints. Choose in-store pickup for free shipping.
- Earn rewards points for your purchase. MyPoints offers eight points per dollar at Walmart — equal to 5.4% cash back.
- Claim your $10 Walmart gift card to use on your next purchase.
- Shop Walmart through MyPoints to earn another 5.4% cash back.
- Pay with your cash-back credit card.
If possible, find coupon codes for the items you’re purchasing — you could save even more!
The Fine Print
This offer is available to all new members.
You need to join MyPoints now and spend $20 on any shopping or travel within 30 days. You’ll be awarded 1,750 points, redeemable for a $10 gift card of your choice.
After shopping, rewards points will appear in your account within 30 days, but it usually takes less than five business days.
If you request a physical gift card, it should arrive in the mail within two weeks — and e-gift cards show up in your inbox within 30 minutes.
Dana Sitar (@danasitar) is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’s written for Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Writer’s Digest and more.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.