5 MIN READ
20 Tax Day Freebies and Deals: Free Sandwiches, Treats, Massages and More
So, let’s talk about how much we’re all totally looking forward to Tax Day!
Anybody? No? Well…
Even though we got a bit of a reprieve this year — tax day falls on April 17 instead of the 15th — lots of us are still dreading the due date.
In fact, tax day creates so much angst, many of us would rather scrub Chipotle toilets for three years than do our taxes ever again.
But before you grab your trustiest set of rubber gloves, wait a second! There’s a silver lining after all: free stuff and awesome deals.
Tax Day Freebies and Deals
To help make up for how terrible tax day is, lots of businesses are offering free stuff and special deals.
Here are 20 of the best from around the web to turn your tax day frown upside down.
Tax Day Food Deals
Tax forms are way more annoying to fill out on an empty stomach.
Here’s where to get free and cheap food April 17.
1. Boston Market’s got two delicious Tax Day specials. Get the rosemary lemon chicken meal with a beverage for $10.99 or a half-chicken individual meal complete with two sides, cornbread, a regular beverage and a cookie for just $10.40.
Get it? 1040? Don’t worry, you’ll stop seeing those numbers in your dreams soon enough.
3. California Tortilla is turning into a taco speakeasy. Use the password “chippin’ in” while ordering on April 17 and you’ll get free chips and queso with any purchase.
Carb-load your way through the marathon of paperwork.
4. Cinnabon is known for giving out free treats with its Tax Day Bites promotion; however, the promotion varies by location, so be sure to check with your nearest Cinnabon before rushing out to cure that sweet tooth.
5. Chuck E. Cheese’s is giving parents a Tax Day break with some food and fun. Get a large cheese pizza for free with the purchase of any large pizza – and if you say “I need a fun break”, you can get 50 free tickets as part of the spring break promotion through May 6.
7. Great American Cookies is offering customers a free cookies and cream cookie to help them combat Tax Day-related stress.
“Whether or not you’re receiving a refund this year, Great American Cookies is here to add some more dough to your life,” punned vice president David Kaiser.
Just drop by your local store and ask — at least you’ll be a cookie richer!
8. Hardees has breakfast covered this Tax Day – all you have to do is stop by before 10 a.m. on April 17 to enjoy a free sausage biscuit.
If there’s one thing more American than taxes, it’s hot dogs.
10. Kona Ice has redubbed Tax Day “National Chill Out Day.”
Its motto? “No taxation without relaxation!” Swing by your favorite location for a free shaved ice.
11. Noodles & Co. is bringing back its “File Online, Order Online” deal for $4 off your order of $10 or more if you order online or via their app and use the promo code TAXDAY18 at checkout — now through April 18.
12. Schlotzky’s will treat guests to a free small original sandwich with the purchase of a drink and a bag of chips at participating locations on April 17 – no coupon required.
And its “Original” is anything but ordinary: It’s got ham, two kinds of salami and three kinds of cheese.
Three kinds of cheese, guys.
13. Sonic Drive-In is offering half-price cheeseburgers all day long on April 17. What better way is there to eat your feelings about Tax Day, aside from washing it all down with half-price shakes, floats and ice cream slushes if you visit after 8 p.m.
If you’re a member of the Tony Roma’s Email Club, you’ll receive the coupon in your inbox prior to Tax Day.
Tax Season De-Stress
Tax Day got you stressed out enough to need a vacation or massage? No worries, we’ve got your back.
16. Hydromassage and Planet Fitness are teaming up to gently melt your troubles away with the 10th annual Free Massage During Tax Week promotion. Print and bring this coupon to your nearest location for a free massage between April 14-21.
Free massage? Yes, please!
17. The Hand and Stone Spa is offering a “Relax the Tax” sale on a one-hour introductory massage starting at $39.95 — and with over 300 locations across the U.S., it’s likely you’ve got one nearby.
18. Zeel offers in-home and on demand massage in over 85 cities and regions. Its giving first-time customers $20 off their first massage with the code “TAXDAY2018” for the entire month of April.
Because leaving the house after you file your taxes is so overrated.
Tax Day Cleanup
Get those sensitive documents shredded — but don’t pay a dime!
19. Office Depot and OfficeMax are ready to shred your confidential documents when you’re all done with the Tax Day madness.
Just bring in this coupon to get up to 5 pounds of paper shredded for free (expires April 28).
Jamie Cattanach (@jamiecattanach) is a freelance writer whose work has been featured at Ms. Magazine, BUST, Roads & Kingdoms, The Write Life, Nashville Review, Word Riot and elsewhere. She lives in St. Augustine, Florida. Editorial intern Jen Smith contributed to this report.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.