I didn’t realize this until I moved out of my home state of Wisconsin — but alcohol is expensive.
Unless you’re a pro at finding nightly specials, know a lot of bartenders, or are willing to choke down well cocktails all night, an evening out is going to be hard on your wallet.
Until now… We’ve found a way to actually save money on drinks at bars, restaurants, grocery stores and liquor stores.
BevRAGE is a fun rebate app that lets you get cash back on drink deals. And it’s available all over the country.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the app and start a free account to browse drink deals in your area.
- Choose the deals you want, and buy the items.
- Click “Redeem” on the offer in the app, and take a picture of your receipt.
- Cash will be deposited into your PayPal account within 48 hours.
What Kinds of Deals Will You Find?
BevRAGE is always updating with new deals, so check back before you go out.
For example when I checked, some of the latest deals included:
- Stoli vodka: $4 off at any bar or restaurant
- Kraken rum: $3 off restaurant purchase, $3 off store purchase
- Rebel IPA by Sam Adams: $3 off 12-packs, $2 off 6-packs, $2 off drafts
- Bushmills whiskey: $2 off restaurant purchase, $3 off store purchase
The app also features different APP-Y Hour specials for bars and restaurants for different days of the week, including:
- Weekend Brunch (Sat & Sun) – $2 off Any Mimosa or Bloody Mary
- Martini Monday – $2 off Any Vodka or Gin Martini
- Tequila Tuesday – $2 off an 1800 Tequila Cocktail
- Wednesday – Wine Wednesday – $2 off Any Glass of Wine
- Thirsty Thursday – $2 off Any Beer
Redeem these anywhere — you’re not restricted to specific locations. However, you do have to be 21 or older to take advantage of these deals!
Note: These deals aren’t yet available in Alabama, Arkansas, Hawaii, Indiana, Mississippi, Missouri, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Texas and Utah.
Your Turn: What do you think? Will you use this app to save money on alcohol?
Disclosure: What would Abe do? Probably pat us on the back for placing affiliate links in this post. Thanks for helping us fill The Penny Hoarder’s beer fridge!
Dana Sitar (@danasitar) is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’s written for Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Writer’s Digest and more, attempting humor wherever it’s allowed (and sometimes where it’s not).