This App Will Send You Money for the Booze You Buy at Stores and Restaurants
Some of the links in this post are from our sponsors. We’re letting you know because it’s what Honest Abe would do. After all, he is on our favorite coin.
I didn’t realize this until I moved out of my home state of Wisconsin — but alcohol is expensive.
Unless you’re a pro at finding nightly specials, know a lot of bartenders, or are willing to choke down well cocktails all night, an evening out is going to be hard on your wallet.
Until now… We’ve found a way to actually save money on drinks at bars, restaurants, grocery stores and liquor stores.
Ibotta is a fun rebate app that lets you get cash back on drink deals. It’s available all over the country, and you’ll get a $10 sign-up bonus after uploading your first receipt.
Here’s how it works:
- Download the app and start a free account to browse drink deals in your area.
- Choose the deals you want, and buy the items.
- Click “Redeem” on the offer in the app, and take a picture of your itemized receipt.
- Cash will be deposited into your PayPal account within 48 hours. You can also redeem for gift cards.
What Kinds of Deals Will You Find?
Ibotta is always updating with new deals, so check back before you go out.
For example when I checked, some of the latest liquor store deals included:
- New Belgium Fat Tire Belgian Style Ale: $2 back on 12-pack bottles
- Shiner Bock beer: $5 back on 12-pack bottles
- Absolut vodka: $5 back on 750-milliliter or 1-liter bottles
- 1800 tequila: $3 back on 750-milliliter bottles or larger
- Sutter Home: $1 back on 750-milliliter or 1-liter bottles
- Eppa SupraFruta sangria: $1.50 back on 750-milliliter
Ibotta also features deals for any restaurant or bar. Check out some of the latest deals:
- 1800 tequila: $3 back on any mixed drink or cocktail
- Budweiser or Bud Light: $3 back on any pitcher or bucket
- New Belgium beer: $1 back on any bottle or draft
There's even a deal for $2 back on the purchase of a Budweiser beer and any sandwich.
Redeem these anywhere — you’re not restricted to specific locations. However, you do have to be 21 or older to take advantage of these deals!
Dana Sitar (@danasitar) is a writer and editor at The Penny Hoarder.