Have you ever heard college students aren’t smart with money?
Or that you owe more debt than any other generation?
Think it’s the norm to be broke?
We know you can be smart with your money in college, and we have success stories to prove it — plus some tips to help you get there!
Here are our favorite posts about how to make money in college. You’ll learn how to save and grow your money, too.
Paying for College
Opening acceptance letters might be one of the most exciting moments of your life — and we don’t want you to have that moment ruined by fear of not being able to afford to attend your dream school.
Here are our best posts on how to make or save some extra cash to pay for college.
1. 100+ Awesome Scholarships That Will Help You Pay for College
2. 100 Weird College Scholarships: Wacky Ways to Win Money for School
3. Is an Expensive College Worth the Cost? Here’s One Way to Decide
4. 8 Legitimate Ways to Qualify for More Student Financial Aid
5. Think You Can’t Afford to Go to Princeton or Harvard? Think Again
6. How This Mom Helped Her Son Win $100,000 of College Scholarships
7. Applying for Financial Aid for College is About to Become a Whole Lot Easier
8. These “Best Value Colleges” Help You Graduate With Less Than $10K in Debt
9. Want a Free Degree? These 9 Colleges Will Cover Your Tuition
How to Make Money
Tired of going to all of those events just for a free slice of soggy pizza?
These posts have some of our best ways to make money while in school. Some are flexible enough that you’ll be able to keep up with your schoolwork and extracurriculars while filling your pockets!
10. 25 Totally Flexible Ways to Make Money in College Without Dropping Classes
11. This College Student Made $6K Doing Something She Had to Do Anyway
12. 12 College Majors That Pretty Much Guarantee You’ll Land a Baller Job
13. How to Make $750 a Month Selling Used Books
14. This College Student Made $300+ a Month on the Side as a Brand Ambassador
15. If You Have Windows 10, This Company Will Pay You Up to $100 to Search the Internet
16. Not Just for Kids Anymore: 9 Childhood Jobs That Make Great Side Gigs for Adults
17. Looking for a Summer Job? You Might Want to Consider Gigs Instead
18. Clueless About What to Do After Graduation? This New App Might Help
19. 5 Weird Ways to Make Extra Money in College
20. How to Launch a Startup From Your College Dorm Room
21. Students From These 10 Community Colleges Earn the Most After Graduation
How to Save Money
Yes, it is actually possible to save money while in school. Don’t believe us? Here are our favorite ways.
22. 21 Awesome Student Discounts Every College Student Should Know About
23. 30 of the Absolute Best Internet Freebies We’ve Ever Found
24. Ready to Start Adulting? Here’s How to Stop Asking Your Parents for Money
25. Save Money as a College Student: 5 Ways to Tackle Your Biggest Expenses
26. How Joining a Sorority Helped Me Save Money in College
27. Got an .Edu Email Address? Use It to Score These 12 Student Discounts
28. These 6 Clever Strategies Will Help You Avoid a Fifth Year of College
29. How Much Does It Cost to Apply to College? Turns Out, It's Not Cheap
30. 7 Smart Tips to Keep You From Going Broke Your First Year of College
Paying Off Student Loan Debt
Once you graduate, you might have those fun little things called student loans.
All right, they probably won’t be little — or fun — but before you panic, check out these ways to make paying them off a little less painful.
31. I Paid Off $11K in Student Loans in 4 Years Making $15/Hour. Here’s How
32. Why You Should Tackle Your Student Loan Interest Before You Graduate
33. She Graduated College Debt-Free With $40K in Savings. Want to Do the Same?
34. How This Blogger Paid Off $15K in Student Loans Before Graduating From College
35. This College Grad Paid Off $50K in Student Loans in 18 Months. Here's How
36. 4 Big Changes That Helped Me Wipe Out $68K of Student Loan Debt
37. This Couple Paid Off $13K in 2 Years — on a Combined Salary of $28K
Your Turn: Will you try any of these ways to make and save money in college?
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.