2 MIN READ
This Scholarship Contest Hands Out $2,000 Every Month — No Essay Required!
Feeling lucky? Good, hang on to that.
And if you’re not feeling organically lucky today, it’s time to track down a four leaf clover, pick up a lucky penny and rub that rabbit’s foot, because you’re going to need all the luck you can get.
Because we found a scholarship opportunity worth $2,000 — and it’s all done lottery style. (Psst: That means no essay. Yeah.)
The “No Essay” Scholarship
This scholarship from Niche is an essay-free opportunity — which, if you’re a hardcore scholarship sleuther, you’ll know is a pretty rare find.
Instead of putting together a hefty packet of application materials, all you have to do to enter this scholarship contest is input your information here and wait. The winner will be decided by a random drawing.
Each month, the contest resets, and you can re-enter to win. (You can see a list of past winners here.)
Scholarship amount: $2,000
Number of scholarships awarded: One per monthly online entry period
To qualify for this scholarship, applicants must:
- Be a high school, college or graduate student
- Be a legal U.S. resident (international students with valid visas are also eligible)
- Currently attend or plan to enroll in a high school or college listed on Niche’s site (parents of students who fall into one of those categories are also welcome to enter)
To apply, applicants must:
- Enter the drawing via the online entry form
- Enter by mailing a postcard to the address listed in the official rules
Scholarship deadline: February 28, 2018. The contest resets monthly, though, so check back at the beginning of each month to re-enter to win!
Only one entry is allowed per person per month. The prize money will be awarded directly to the entrant, and can be used to cover tuition, books, housing or any other education-related expenses.
The winner of the February drawing will be announced on March 15.
Grace Schweizer is a junior writer at The Penny Hoarder.