American Express Is Hiring Remote Customer Care Reps (And Pays $15/Hour!)
Some of the links in this post are from our sponsors. We’re letting you know because it’s what Honest Abe would do. After all, he is on our favorite coin.
Editor’s note: These jobs fill up quickly! If the position you’re interested in isn’t available, we recommend searching for other work-from-home jobs in your area through ZipRecruiter.
Listen, we’ve all had those days when slipping out of pajamas and braving the morning commute seems like a sisyphean task.
With this part-time, work-from-home gig, you’ll never have that feeling again. And the benefits are pretty baller.
American Express is hiring virtual customer care professionals in every U.S. state but California, Alaska or Hawaii, according to a listing from Work at Home Mom Revolution.
You’d be helping Amex customers with account issues after completing a 14-week training course.
If this doesn’t sound like a good fit, we always have other remote opportunities on The Penny Hoarder Jobs page on Facebook. Check it out.
American Express Jobs: Virtual Customer Care Professional
- Answering calls in a fast-paced environment
- Addressing general and account-specific questions from customers, providing customers with clear and concise account information and updating accounts when necessary
- Using the American Express Relationship Care philosophy by finding unique solutions to customer issues, touting the benefits of being a cardholder and providing relevant offers for members
- Using tools and resources to anticipate customer needs and address solutions
- Meeting goals that could be based on customer surveys, average call time, attendance and quality of service
Applicants for this position must have:
- Successfully completed a 14-week on-the-job training course
- Previous experience in customer service, with phone support preferred
- The resilience to manage a stream of phone calls while also balancing performances across a variety of metrics
- Passion for sales
- Technical savvy to navigate a Windows-based system
- Discipline when it comes to scheduling
- High-speed DSL or cable internet with 10 mbps download and 1 mbps upload speed
- Dedicated landline
- A home free from background noise
- Flexible scheduling
- Performance-based incentives
- Paid training
- Tuition assistance
- Retirement programs
- Medical, dental and vision plans
Apply here for these American Express jobs.
Alex Mahadevan is a data journalist at The Penny Hoarder.
The Penny Hoarder Promise: We provide accurate, reliable information. Here’s why you can trust us and how we make money.