2 MIN READ
LexiCode Needs People With Medical Coding Experience to Work From Home
My favorite part of January is that it’s the month when finally — after months of running around in a holiday frenzy — we get to slow down, settle in and revisit our familiar routines.
That is, until the routine starts to feel a little too routine, and then it’s less of a cozy orderliness and more of a daily slog that makes you wish you could schedule a root canal just to break up the monotony of the same drive to the same cubicle every. Single. Day.
But don’t stop brushing your teeth now.
Rather than taking drastic measures to get out of that tedious commute, why not snag a job that allows you to work from home? (A special thanks to Work at Home Mom Revolution for bringing this opportunity to our attention.)
We have an awesome work-from-home job opportunity to tell you about today, but if it’s not the right fit, don’t worry! Just go ahead and like our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new and interesting work-from-home jobs there whenever we find them.
Become a Medical Coder at LexiCode
LexiCode provides health care providers and payers with coding and consulting services.
The company is currently looking for work-from-home medical coders to fill a variety of positions.
Pay: Hourly, may vary by position
Schedule: Full-time and part-time opportunities available
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing emergency department coding services to clients
- Reviewing medical records and assigning codes
- Abstracting appropriate information from medical records based on guidelines provided by the client
- Meeting accuracy and productivity expectations
- Reviewing and correcting payer coding edits during claims review process
- Resolving edits by placing the appropriate modifiers
- Coding outpatient records
Applicants for these positions must have:
- RHIA, RHIT, CCS or CCS-P from the American Health Information Management Association or CPC or COC from the American Academy of Professional Coders
- At least one year of coding experience
- Experience with various types of medical coding
- The ability to work from home using a high-speed internet connection
Benefits include (depending on position):
- Flexible schedule
- Continuing education opportunities
- Referral bonuses
- Necessary equipment, including a company computer with dual monitors
- Productivity incentive plan
- Health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance (full-time positions only)
- Paid time off and paid holidays (full-time positions)
- 401(k) retirement plan (full-time positions)
- Health care spending and dependent day care accounts (full-time positions)
To become a medical coder at LexiCode, go here to find the original job listings. (When prompted, use the drop-down menus to select “remote” to see all open work-from-home positions.)
Grace Schweizer is a junior writer at The Penny Hoarder.