Enter Now: Contest Winnings Could Set You Up for Life
Cash from national contests can help you pay off debt, finance that dream vacation around the world or send you on a shopping spree in style. But you can’t win the money unless you enter the contests. The odds may be tough, but it’s easy to enter online. And, someone has to win, right? Why not you?
The contests listed here represent thousands in cash prizes, including the Publishers Clearing House sweepstakes. The lucky person who scores in that contest brings in $5,000 a week for life — not a bad haul for the few minutes it takes to enter.
The Time to Enter Cash Contests Is Now
Don’t delay in entering contests to win cash — the more you enter, the greater your chances of walking away with a check.
1. Chime 2024 PayDay Boost Sweepstakes
Chime is an online bank that boasts no overdraft fees, no monthly fees and no minimum balance requirement. It’s also currently holding its PayDay Boost Sweepstakes, which awards $10,000 to 52 winners with one winner selected each week for a year. The sweepstakes is open to both new and existing Chime account holders.
Chime customers automatically get one entry for the sweepstakes period, which runs weekly from midnight Sunday to 11:59 p.m. Saturday through Jan. 11, 2025, but you can also increase your chances of winning by entering weekly with the form on Chime’s website.
The Chime PayDay Boost Sweepstakes is open to legal U.S. residents 18 years or older in all 50 states, plus the District of Columbia. Residents of Puerto Rico are not eligible to enter.
2. Fingerhut Sweepstakes
Fingerhut provides credit to help people buy things they need without dealing with large monthly payments or annual fees. It also holds an annual sweepstakes that awards cash prizes throughout the year.
The sweepstakes will give away a total of $60,000 in the 2023-2024 entry period. Fingerhut already has given away three cash prizes, but there’s still one more opportunity to win some money:
- Enter by March 31, 2024, to win $5,000
To get started, go to www.fingerhut.com and enter your email address. If you don’t have a Fingerhut account, you will be asked to provide some basic information, such as your name, address and birthday. There are several ways to enter the sweepstakes.
- Place an order with Fingerhut.
- Use your Fingerhut account to set up scheduled recurring payments through your WebBank/Fingerhut Fetti Credit Account.
- Use your WebBank/Fingerhut Fetti Credit Account to make on-time monthly payments.
- Enter by mail with no purchase necessary.
To enter by mail, send your name, address, date of birth, phone number and email address to 2023-2024 Fingerhut $60,000 Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7767, Melville, NY 11775-7767. The email address must be associated with a Fingerhut account for the entry to be valid. The Fingerhut Sweepstakes is open to U.S. residents aged 18 and up.
3. Publishers Clearing House SuperPrize Event
Even if you’re not big into sweepstakes, chances are you’ve heard of Publishers Clearing House. Rather than just mailing you a check, the Publishers Clearing House team shows up with a giant check and makes a big spectacle of awarding it.
You might wonder if this is legitimate, but although there are plenty of copycat scammers around, PCH really does give out giant checks to real people just like you.
PCH is currently offering a phenomenal prize of $5,000 a week for life. To enter, simply fill out this form and submit. Winners are notified throughout the year.
In addition to the $5,000 a week for life event, PCH has several other sweepstakes, so check the website frequently to see how you can enter to win.
4. 2024 Q1 Walmart February-April Sweepstakes
From now until April 26, 2024, you can enter the Q1 Walmart sweepstakes for a chance to win one of five $1,000 Walmart gift cards for the grand prize or one of 750 $100 Walmart gift cards for the first prize. That’s a total of $80,000 up for grabs in Walmart gift cards (and you can buy pretty much anything there, so it may as well be cash).
There are a few ways you can enter the sweepstakes:
- Shop at your local Walmart and complete the survey at the bottom of your receipt for one entry.
- Complete an online survey for another entry.
- Send a postcard with your name, address, phone number and date of birth to 2024 Walmart Sweepstakes, PO Box 228, Macedon, NY 14502-0228. Write-in entries must be postmarked by April 26, 2024, and received by May 2, 2024.
5. 2024 Visa Prepaid and Debit Online Sweepstakes
Want a chance to win $20,000? Enter the 2024 Visa Prepaid and Debit Online Sweepstakes for an opportunity to win a grand prize of $20,000 or one of 10 $1,000 prizes. That’s a total of $30,000 available to win.
The sweepstakes period is from May 1, 2024 to June 30, 2024, and the contest is open to all legal U.S. residents who will be 18 or older as of May 1.
There are two ways to enter:
- Make an online Visa transaction with an eligible Visa Prepaid, Visa Payroll or Visa Debit card to receive one entry.
- Write your name, address, phone number and email address on a plain piece of paper and mail it to 2024 Visa Prepaid & Debit Online Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 7757, Melville, NY 11775-7757. Mailed entries must be postmarked between May 1, 2024, and June 30, 2024, and received by July 8, 2024.
You can enter as many times as you wish.
Ohio-based contributor Catherine Hiles writes about finance, cars, pet ownership and parenting for The Penny Hoarder.