Don’t Skip This Job — Mattel Will Pay You Nearly $18,000 to Play UNO for 1 Month
The toymakers at Mattel have had quite the summer.
The new Barbie movie has been an overwhelming success, bringing in nearly $400 million domestically just two weeks since its release.
Now, Mattel wants to share some of that success with one person who’s up for promoting their new game, UNO Quatro — which they call “a classic four-in-a-row game with a twist.”
Mattel will pay this “Chief UNO Player” nearly $18,000 — $4,444 per week — to work with them for a month. This lucky job winner will challenge strangers to play UNO Quatro and create and star in social media content for various Uno games.
The job will require you to be onsite in New York City for the month, working four days a week for four hours – from 2 to 6 p.m. ET. (Are we sensing a theme here?)
According to Mattel, some of its “house rules” for the job include:
- You’ll need to work in New York between Sept. 13 and Oct. 7.
- Must be comfortable with interviews and appearances.
- Help create and star in social content for various UNO games.
- Star in livestreams playing the UNO Quatro game with brand creators.
- Be friendly and willing to ask strangers to play the game.
Be able to teach strangers how to play the game in an engaging way.
- Must be 18 or older, a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and based in the U.S.
To apply, Mattel says all you need to do is stitch this video on TikTok, introduce yourself and answer the following questions:
- What’s your best memory playing UNO?
- What’s your best reverse card moment?
- Why shouldn’t we skip you as the chief UNO player?
- What’s your favorite version of UNO?
You’ll need to submit your video by Aug. 10, 2023, at 11:59 p.m. PT. You can find out more about the job over at Mattel.
Robert Bruce is a senior staff writer at The Penny Hoarder covering earning, saving and managing money. He has written about personal finance for more than a decade.