2 MIN READ
We’re Giving Away a $2,000 Scholarship to a Frugal Student!
Note: Entries have closed for 2016 and winners will be notified shortly. Thank you for entering!
We're so excited to launch ThePennyHoarder's $2,000 “Frugal Student” Scholarship.
Students are a huge part of the Penny Hoarder community and we are always looking for unique ways to help our students save more money. This year we are giving away a $2,000 scholarship to one student who exemplifies creative budgeting & frugality.
And we know that students are busy, so we've made this scholarship about as easy as possible to enter. You just need to tell us in 150 words or less the craziest, funniest, most interesting, unique, or creative way you've ever saved or made extra money.
We all know the typical ways to save a buck: put the money in an unreachable location, stop spending on frivolous things, pick up an extra job or two, etc. But do you have a truly unusual way to earn/save some extra cash? Share your technique(s) with us! You might just teach our readers a thing or two and your penny-pinching ways could earn you $2,000 in our Frugal Student Scholarship search!
At the end of the entry period, we will post all of our favorite entries so that the entire community can learn from your successes.
Here's what you need to do to apply for the scholarship:
- You must currently be enrolled in an accredited college or university and have an active class schedule.
- In 150 words, tell us the most unique or interesting thing you've every done to make or save extra money.
- Submit an Scholarship contest application with all required fields completed (entries have closed for 2016).
- Agree to the Official Rules, Terms and Conditions.
Entries into the $2,000 Frugal Student Scholarship Sponsored by The Penny Hoarder will be accepted beginning 12:00am Eastern Time (ET) on March 1, 2015 and must be received no later than 11:59pm (ET) on December 31, 2015. Only completed applications will be considered.
ThePennyHoarder.com will evaluate the applications and choose a winner by March 1, 2016.
Claiming Your Scholarship
Winners will be contacted by March 1, 2016 and the announcement will be made online at ThePennyHoarder.com by April 10, 2016. The winner will have ten business days to claim his or her scholarship as described in the Official Rules, Terms and Conditions. If the winner does not claim the scholarship within ten business days, he or she will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected.
We require the winner to submit the following information:
- Name of college or university
- Student ID number
- A photo of the winner
- A signed Affidavit of Eligibility and Release and, where legal, a publicity release and a federal/state tax release
- A short, one paragraph testimonial of how the scholarship will assist the winner with their educational goals
Please contact [email protected] with any questions.
Good luck everyone!