3 MIN READ
Unlimited Vacation, Paid Leave, 401(k) and You Get to Work From Home?
If you’re in the market for a flexible, full-time position, Zapier has some cool opportunities that might be a fit.
The Silicon Valley-based startup, which helps businesses automate workflows, is hiring a Marketing Specialist. This multifarious content marketing position lets you work from home and comes with a load of benefits.
What You’ll Do
Zapier helps businesses automate their work by integrating apps like Gmail and Dropbox, which help free up their employees’ time.
Think: How to be more productive as a team of remote workers, or how to use apps like Evernote to make your workday easier.
Because it’s a startup, everyone does a little bit of everything. The Marketing Specialist in particular will be responsible for things like:
- Maintaining relationships with partners — major brands like Google, Mailchimp and social networks
- Creating marketing content like blog posts, webinars and how-to guides
- Experimenting with strategies to teach new audiences about Zapier
- Curating use cases and success stories to showcase what Zapier offers customers
The position doesn’t require a specific degree or set of credentials. The listing states:
“We believe that credentials don't say everything. Our CTO has a finance degree. Our CEO has an engineering degree. Our CPO has a mechanical engineering degree. What you love doing is way more important than the credentials you have.”
So what does Zapier want its Marketing Specialist to “love doing”?
The position involves copywriting and content creation, so you should love writing and know how to craft smart copy.
You should know how to communicate with an audience and provide a positive customer experience while promoting growth.
As with any startup, you should be eager to learn and willing to take on tasks you’ve never done before. The word “experiment” in the workplace should excite, not terrify, you.
And, as the title suggests, you should love marketing. Read blogs or books on the topic in your free time and know the latest online marketing trends.
Work From Home and Get Awesome Benefits
The listing doesn’t explicitly call this a full-time position, but the benefits suggest you would be a full-time employee with the company, even as a remote worker.
Salary is based on experience — so hone your negotiation chops! And you’ll get these benefits:
- Health care, including dental and vision coverage
- 401(k) with a 4% company match
- Profit sharing
- 14 weeks paid parental leave
- Two or three annual company retreats to “awesome places”
- Pick your own equipment (laptop, monitor and software), and the company provides it
- Unlimited vacation, and you’re encouraged to take at least two weeks each year
To apply, send an introductory email and complete two short copywriting exercises to showcase your skills.
Your Turn: Are you looking for a work-from-home job? Will you apply to Zapier?
Dana Sitar (@danasitar) is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. She’s written for Huffington Post, Entrepreneur.com, Writer’s Digest and more, attempting humor wherever it’s allowed (and sometimes where it’s not).