Work From Home Providing Smart-Home Tech Support for $10-12/Hr
Our homes are getting smarter. Thanks to the popularity of smart-home hubs and voice-operated speakers, it’s now easier to control the thermostat, lights and home security system from your phone or by voice.
As this technology increasingly shows up in households across the country, there’s a need for people who are able to help the technology-challenged learn how to use their devices.
If you’re intrigued by the growing smart-home market and enjoy helping others solve their tech conundrums, Vivint may have the job for you.
The smart-home services provider is looking to hire work-from-home customer solutions tech support people. You’ll help Vivint customers with questions about operating and troubleshooting their smart-home devices.
Positions are available in Florida, Idaho, Minnesota, Nevada and Utah. One stipulation is that you must live within a 100-mile radius of a designated city to be considered. Check out the list of available customer solutions tech support positions to see if there is one near you.
While you’re job hunting, don’t forget to check out our Jobs page on Facebook. We post new opportunities there all the time.
Customer Solutions Tech Support at Vivint
Pay: $11 per hour with opportunity for $13 per hour after additional training
- Provide technical and customer support via telephone for inbound calls
- Become an expert on Vivint’s products and learn its troubleshooting processes
- Educate customers on how to use Vivint’s systems and products
- Resolve customer concerns and billing questions
- Create work orders for issues that can’t be resolved via telephone
Applicants for this position must:
- Be at least 18 years old, and willing to work a minimum of 30 hours a week
- Pass a criminal background check
- Be able to commit to working in the department for six months
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Type 30-plus words per minute
- Have a workspace that can secure confidential information
- Customer service experience is preferred
- Be detail-oriented and comfortable keeping accurate records
- Have an ability to quickly adapt to system and process changes
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- 401k with company matching
- Health, dental, vision benefits to full-time employees
- Access to additional training facilities on Vivint campuses
Click here to see all the available Customer Solutions Tech Support at Vivint.
Matt Reinstetle is a Staff Writer at The Penny Hoarder.