Can You Hear Me Now? Verizon Is Hiring Remote Customer Service Reps in TX
If you live in the Dallas-Fort Worth area and are in the market for a job that doesn’t require a commute, check this out.
Verizon is hiring full-time, work-from-home customer service representatives. Applicants must live within 90 minutes of the call center in Irving, Texas.
The pay isn’t specified, but customer service reps for Verizon make an average of $19 per hour, according to Glassdoor salaries.
The job starts on either June 5 or June 19 and requires 12 weeks of training. The training schedule will be split into two sections:
- Week 1-5 — Monday through Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Week 6-12 — Tuesday through Saturday, 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
If you live outside the area or you just aren’t interested in this type of gig, that’s OK. You can check out our Jobs page on Facebook for other work-from-home opportunities.
Remote Customer Service Representative at Verizon
Pay: Not specified
- Troubleshooting and resolving device, billing and service concerns
- Upselling services to customers
- Building customer relationships
Applicants for this position must have:
- An associate’s degree or at least one year of work experience
- The ability to report to the call center in Irving, Texas, within 90 minutes
- Flexibility to work nights, split shifts, weekends and holidays
- A dedicated, quiet workspace
- Internet with a direct connection to a cable or fiber modem
- Previous customer service or billing experience
- Previous experience working from home
Apply here for the Customer Service Representative job at Verizon.
Kaitlyn Blount is a junior staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.