Got an Email Address? These 69 Businesses Will Give You Free Stuff
Why pay for something when you can get it for free?
In the age of the internet, freebies are all around you, from clothing to food. Many retailers and restaurants offer such promotions if you sign up for their newsletters.
We searched the internet to find some of the best freebies you can get by signing up for company newsletters. To avoid email overload, just sign up, grab the coupon offer inside and then unsubscribe from future advertisements.
Food and Snacks
From appetizers to entrees, these restaurants have enough freebies to keep your tummy full and your wallet happy.
- Einstein Bagels: Free bagel and shmear — and a free bagel on your birthday — when you sign up for the Shmear Society
- IHOP: Sign up for IHOP’s rewards program and begin earning PanCoins for every $5 you spend. Also, receive free pancakes on your birthday and gain access to secret menu offerings.
- First Watch: Buy one, get one free offer when you sign up for the Sun eClub
- Ruby Tuesday: Free dessert or garden bar add-on when you join Ruby Rewards
- Longhorn: Free appetizer when you purchase an adult entree for subscribing to its eClub
- TGI Fridays: Free appetizer when you join Friday Rewards
- Olive Garden: Free appetizer when you purchase two entrees
- California Pizza Kitchen: Free small plate when you join its Pizza Dough reward club + $5 reward
- Joe’s Crab Shack: Free appetizer when you join Joe’s Catch E-Club
- Texas Roadhouse: Free appetizer and birthday offer when you join its email club
- Moe’s: Free queso when you join Moe’s eWorld, plus a free burrito on your birthday
- Applebee’s: Free birthday special when you sign up for its newsletter
- Spaghetti Warehouse: This one’s a twofer! Get a free appetizer (and a free meal on your birthday) when you join the Warehouse Club email list. Select members will receive a free Brownie Sundae Supreme when they join the Text Club!
- Red Lobster: Free appetizer when you join the My Red Lobster Rewards, plus a free reward on your birthday
- Abuelo’s: Free appetizer when you sign up, along with a points system and a free entree on your birthday as long as you visit at least twice a year
- Del Taco: Two free tacos when you join the Deal Yeah! rewards program and a free reward on your birthday
- Rubio’s: Free reward when you join the Rubio’s Rewards
- Taco Cabana: Free $5 reward
- Arby’s: Sign up for Arby’s newsletter to get 25% off your first order, plus a free small fry every week.
- Johnny Rockets: Join the Rocket eClub for a free burger with the purchase of an entree and drink — and on your birthday.
- Denny’s: Join its loyalty program and receive 20% off your next visit, plus enjoy a free Grand Slam on your birthday.
- Benihana: Earn a $30 gift certificate during your birth month when you join Chef’s Table.
- Houlihan’s: Get $10 off your next visit, plus a free meal on your birthday when you join its email club.
- Buca di Beppo: Get a free $10 gift when you join its eClub.
- Zaxby’s: Join Zax Rewardz and get a free Big Zax Snak.
- Culver’s: This eClub will get you free treats on your birthday.
- Red Robin: Free burger on your birthday when you sign up for Red Robin Rewards, plus get your 10th item free
- Unos: Get a free appetizer when you sign up for Unos’ eClub, plus get a free dessert on your birthday.
- Auntie Anne’s: Free pretzel after first purchase when you download its Pretzel Perks app
- Pizza Hut: Free birthday reward when you join Hut Rewards
- Bojangles: Get a free half gallon of Legendary Iced Tea and a coupon for a free berry biscuit on your birthday when you join the Bojangles eClub.
- Wingstop: Get a free reward on your birthday when you sign up for Wingstop’s club.
- Chili’s: When you sign up for Chili’s Rewards, you’ll get free chips and salsa.
- Firehouse Subs: Get a free large drink with your next purchase when you sign up for Firehouse Rewards and a free sub on your birthday.
- Hardee’s: Get a free sandwich when you sign up for Hardee’s Rewards.
- Waffle House: Become a Waffle House Regular to get a free order of hashbrowns.
- Steak ‘n Shake: You’ll get a free menu item on your birthday when you join Steak ‘n Shake’s eClub.
- Marie Callender’s: Subscribe to the newsletter and get a free special offer on your next dine-in purchase.
- Village Inn: Get a $10 reward when you join VI’s eClub.
- Black Angus: Get a free reward on your birthday.
- Big Boy: Kids can sign up for the Big Boy Kids Club to get a free birthday kids meal.
- Melting Pot: Get free deals on your birthday each year.
- Smashburger: Get free fries after your first purchase.
What’s a meal without dessert? Here’s where to get a little sugar without spending any cheese.
- Sprinkles Cupcakes: Get 10% off on sign-up and free cupcakes on your birthday.
- Panera: Join MyPanera Rewards to earn a free pastry, plus get a free treat on your birthday.
- Krispy Kreme: Download the app and sign up to score a free donut — and a free donut on your birthday.
- Great American Cookie: Earn $5 off your first cookie purchase when you join the rewards club — and a free cookie on your birthday, too.
- Cracker Barrel: Sign up for its newsletter to score free biscuit beignets.
- Corner Bakery Cafe: When you sign up for eCafe, you’ll get $5 off your next purchase and a free bakery sweet on your birthday.
If you stand between me and my ice cream, you’re looking to get knocked over. Fortunately, these ice cream freebies mean nobody gets hurt.
- Friendly’s: You’ll get a free medium sundae when you join the Friendly’s Fan Club.
- Cold Stone: Join the My Cold Stone Club to get a buy one, get one coupon and a birthday offer.
- Menchie’s: You’ll get 25 free smiles — rewards points — when you sign up.
- Pinkberry: Download the app to earn rewards and get a free small yogurt on your birthday.
- Baskin Robbins: Sign up for the Birthday Club to get a free birthday scoop.
- Dippin’ Dots: You’ll get free Dippin’ Dots on your birthday when you join the Dot Crazy! Rewards Club.
- Rita’s: Join the Birthday Club for a free birthday treat (Italian ice).
Raise a glass to the beverage that keeps us all sane and (mostly) civil in the early morning hours!
- Caribou Coffee: You get a free drink on your birthday when you sign up.
- Au Bon Pain: When you join this eClub, you get a free coffee and pastry.
- Dunkin’: Dunkin’s rewards program gets you a free beverage at sign-up, on your birthday and every time you rack up 200 points.
- Starbucks: Get a free treat on your birthday.
- IKEA: Get coffee on the house in the cafeteria, plus save 5% on all in-store furniture and decor purchases when you join IKEA Family.
Now that you’re not hangry anymore, you can take care of other business. Here are some of our favorite non-food newsletter sign-up freebies.
Samples and Supplies
Need some beauty products? Maybe a sticker that might save Sassy’s life?
Here are some freebies you can get just for signing up.
- ASPCA: The nonprofit will send you a free Pet Safety Pack of stickers to put on your window so first responders know your pets are inside.
- Sephora: Beauty Insiders get a free gift on their birthday — and it’s usually a pretty nice one!
- BareMinerals: Get a birthday freebie when you sign up for the newsletter.
- Williams-Sonoma: You’ll get a $25 birthday reward, along with free design services and free standard shipping when you level up to a Gold member.
E-courses are an awesome way to learn more about something… and these e-courses will help you earn and save lots of extra pennies.
- Femtrepreneur: Get a free “Build a Profitable Blog” e-course when you sign up for Femtrepreneur’s newsletter.
- Tiny House Build: Just supply your email address for a free seven-day e-course on building tiny houses that covers everything from insulation to home storage.
Movies and Events
Hey, you’ve got to live a little! Here’s some free entertainment.
- Redbox: Join the Text Club to get free Redbox movies every month.
- AMC: Join AMC Insiders to get free large popcorn refills and discounts on Tuesdays.
Savings on Your Next Purchase
Freebies are the best, but savings are super, too.
Here are vendors that will give you savings on your next purchase in exchange for your email address.
Get everything from free shipping to 30% off when you sign up for these store newsletters.
- The Children’s Place: Get 25% off your next purchase when you sign up.
- TJ Maxx: Get 10% off your first purchase when you sign up for the newsletter.
- Old Navy: You’ll score 30% off your next purchase when you sign up for the retail chain’s newsletter.
- Gap: This company will give you 25% off your first purchase when you sign up for its emails.
Save on your next food purchase with these companies.
- Quiznos: You’ll get a coupon for $5 off when you sign up for the QClub.
- Boston Market: Join the VIP Club to get $3 off your next purchase of $10 or more.
- Maggiano’s: Sign up to get $10 off your next visit.
- Bakers Square: Sign up for its eClub to receive $3 off your order.
- Earl of Sandwich: Get $5 off your next purchase when you sign up for the Royalty Club.
- Macaroni Grill: Get $5 off your next order when you join the email club.
- Marble Slab Creamery: Get a $5 reward once you sign up and make your first purchase.
Here are a host of other businesses that will give you discounts when you provide your email address.
- Buy Buy Baby: Follow the pop-up prompt to get a 20% discount off one item when you sign up for the newsletter.
- Crate & Barrel: Get 10% off your next purchase when you sign up for the store’s newsletter.
- Bed, Bath and Beyond: Get 20% off a single item when you get connected with Bed, Bath & Beyond.
- Origins: Sign up for its email list to get 15% off your first order.
- Joann Fabrics: Sign up to get 20% off your next purchase in-store or online.
Michael Archambault is a senior writer at The Penny Hoarder specializing in technology. Jamie Cattanach is a former staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.