Want Free Baby Stuff? Check Out These Freebies for New & Expecting Parents
Parenthood is tough enough even before you bring finances into the mix. When you tally it up, you’ll likely spend thousands of dollars a year on Baby’s stuff.
And that doesn’t even account for the crazy-high costs of child care.
- Free Baby Formula
- Free Diapers
- Free Stuff for Moms
- More Free Baby Stuff
- Join Baby Registries for Free Gifts
- Save Money on Stuff for Baby
- How to Find Free & Cheap Baby Stuff Locally
Where Can You Get Free Baby Stuff?
Whether you’re expecting, caring for infants, surviving the terrible twos or preparing for a friend’s baby shower, start with these places to get legit free baby stuff from well-known companies and boutique brands.
Note: As of June 16, 2020, due to increased demand during the COVID-19 pandemic, some companies have paused their free sample programs.
Want to try a new formula but don’t want to waste money on something your little one doesn’t like? Get free formula samples from top baby formula brands:
- Enfamil: Join Enfamil Family Beginnings for a welcome kit of up to $400 in free gifts and a chance to win free formula for a year.
- Nature’s One: Get a free sample of Baby’s Only Toddler formula or PediaSmart beverage mix.
- Similac: Sign up for Similac’s StrongMoms program for up to $400 in free goodies, plus ongoing coupons and discounts.
Check out these brands offering coupons, samples and free baby diapers:
- National Diaper Bank Network: The National Diaper Bank Network provides free diapers to families in need. Find a partner in your area that provides free baby diapers.
- Seventh Generation: Join the Generation Good program to join a community of parents, get access to coupons and try out new environmentally friendly baby products for free.
- Huggies Rewards: Download the Huggies Rewards app, and earn points when you take surveys, share products, read articles and buy Huggies products. Exchange points for discounts on Huggies diapers and wipes, free gift cards or diaper donations.
- Pampers Rewards: Join the Pampers Club rewards program, and scan codes when you buy Pampers to earn points you can exchange for cash back, gift cards, free baby gear and more.
- Abby&Finn: Receive a trial pack that includes eight diapers and a travel pack of 20 wipes — just pay for shipping.
- Cuties: Sign up to get a free sample of Cuties Complete Care baby diapers, designed to be extra soft and snug with cute, Instagrammable designs.
Baby’s stuff isn’t the only added expense to plan for when you’re expecting. Moms need care, too! Check out these freebies you can nab for yourself:
- Breast Pump: Under the Affordable Care Act, your health care plan is required to cover the cost of a breast pump rental or purchase, whether you signed up through the health insurance marketplace or not. Insurers determine whether pumps are manual or electric and how long rentals last.
- Free Breast Pads: Get up to 10 pairs of nursing pads from Breast Pads with either of these discount codes: ATHRIFTYMOM1 or 1FRUGALBABY. Just pay shipping. The codes give you $35 off any order.
- The Belly Button: This company’s slick products help you wear pre-pregnancy pants throughout your pregnancy — comfortably. Get a free Maternity Band or two Body Bands with the code NAME1. The code gives you up to $40 off any order, and you just pay shipping.
- The Noobie Box: The Noobie Box is a pregnancy gift box that’s filled with samples for mom and Baby: nursing pads, milk storage bags, stretch mark cream, vitamins, diapers, WaterWipes baby wipes, diaper rash cream and a pacifier. You’ll pay $8.95 for shipping in the contiguous U.S.
Go beyond the obvious. Check out these other baby freebies:
- Free Car Seats: Find your local Safe Kids partner organization to get a free or reduced-price car seat.
- Birth Announcements: Order birth announcement cards or magnets with Baby’s photo, name, birthdate, weight and height from MagnetStreet, and get $20 in free samples with the code LIFE20SAMPLES. Pro tip: Visit the site in Incognito or Private mode to get the new-customer price of just $0.60 to $0.90 per card or magnet — that gives you more than 20 free announcements!
- Shutterfly: Download the Shutterfly app to get a free photo book every month to document your family’s growth. Books are 6×6 and softcover, between 20 and 40 pages, and you can include up to 40 photos from your smartphone or social media accounts. You’ll pay $7.99 shipping.
- Imagination Library: Dolly Parton started Imagination Library in 1995 to provide free kids books to preschool-aged children. To join the book club, check for availability in your area, and follow the instructions to register.
- Car Seat Canopy: Grab a cute car seat cover from Canopy Couture for free with the code NAME1. The code gives you up to $50 off your order (basic canopies cost $49.95), and you’ll just pay shipping.
- Johnson & Johnson: According to Freebies for Baby, you can contact Johnson & Johnson to request a free New Parent Pack filled with free baby samples and coupons. Send an email including your mailing address, or call 866-565-2229 during normal business hours.
Signing up for a baby registry with many retail or online stores will get you a free bundle of product samples like baby bottles, formula, blankets, diapers, coupons and other supplies.
- Amazon: Qualifying Prime customers can snag a $35-value free welcome box when they create an Amazon baby registry. Krazy Koupon Lady reports the welcome kit includes a muslin swaddle blanket, bottle, breast pads, diapers, wipes, a protein bar and Seventh Generation samples.
- Target: When you set up a Target baby registry for your baby item needs, you can pick up a welcome kit from guest services at your local store. In it, you’ll find more than $100 worth of coupons and baby samples.
- Walmart: When you join Walmart’s baby registry, you’ll get a Baby Welcome Box shipped to your door for free. It includes samples of name-brand products from Huggies, Dove and All, though it’ll vary based on available items.
- BuyBuy Baby: Start your baby registry online, and you can pick up a free goody bag at your local BuyBuy Baby store. Goody bags include baby samples and coupons for discounts on baby items.
- Babylist: Get a free Hello Baby Box delivered to your door when you start a baby registry online through Babylist. It includes samples and offers from brands like Pampers, Lansinoh, Huggies, EvenFlo and WaterWipes. You’ll pay $6.99 shipping.
Every penny counts when you’re budgeting around the needs of a child (or a few). Sign up with your favorite brands to receive exclusive offers and coupons to save on the stuff you need. Just make sure you don’t let them entice you to spend on stuff you don’t need!
Coupons for Baby Stuff
- Mommy’s Bliss: Sign up for an immediate $3 savings on probiotics for moms, kids and babies; and tummy relief like gripe water for colic symptoms.
- Gerber Baby: Sign up for MyGerber to get expert advice, coupons and offers, a customizable menu planner and tailored content.
- IKEA Family: Join IKEA Family to receive exclusive member coupons, discounts and freebies.
- Goodnites: Peruse Goodnites manufacturer coupons to save money on bedwetting products, or sign up with your email address to receive additional coupons and offers.
- Baby Cubby: Find Baby Cubby coupon codes through RetailMeNot to save on baby clothes, gear, toys and other items.
- Pottery Barn Kids: Shop for furniture and accessories for kids’ rooms through Pottery Barn, and browse its coupons, special offers and clearance items to get as much as 60% off.
- The Children’s Place: Subscribe to email or text alerts from The Children’s Place to get exclusive offers on clothing, shoes and accessories for babies, toddlers and older kids.
- Carter’s or OshKosh: Join the Rewarding Moments loyalty program to earn points when you buy clothes for kids, toddlers and babies through Carter’s or OshKosh B’gosh. Earn one point for every $1 you spend, and 150 points is equal to $10 free.
- Nestle Canada: If you live in Canada, register for Nestle Baby & Me to receive a Ready for Baby welcome bundle, free samples, and emails with coupons and special offers.
Baby Subscription Boxes
If you want organic or sustainable baby products, a subscription service could help you save money and skip the trips to the store.
- The Honest Company: You can buy Honest Co. products individually, but you’ll save 17% by subscribing to receive an order every month. You’ll get a month’s supply of diapers and wipes, and can add on extras any month at 15% off.
- Dyper: Subscribe to receive a monthly supply of eco-friendly diapers or training briefs at 15% off retail price. Plus you’ll get a free diaper bag when you sign up!
- The Baby Box Co.: Register for free online parenting classes, and get exclusive promotions.
- Grove Collaborative: Grove Collaborative is a subscription box of environmentally friendly household products. Claim a free baby bundle, including things like baby bubble bath, hand sanitizer wipes and baby oil, when you subscribe.
Look no further than your local community to borrow, buy and receive baby hand-me-downs to save money and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Local Facebook Groups: Keep an eye on your city or neighborhood’s Facebook group for parents offering baby freebies. Or find a local Buy Nothing Project group to connect with neighbors giving stuff away. Then you can pay it forward once your baby is grown by passing along essentials to new parents.
- Facebook Marketplace: While you’re on Facebook, browse the local Marketplace for parents offering baby stuff for free or trades.
- NextDoor App: NextDoor is a neighborhood forum where neighbors can chatter amongst themselves. You’ll find crime updates, lost-dog posters and — yup! — freebies. Check the “Baby & Kids” category for free baby stuff.
- Your Pediatrician: Like other medical professionals, pediatricians get samples from companies all the time. If you have a specific need — or just want to try some sample products — it never hurts to ask.
- Garage Sales: Garage sales are ripe with affordable baby toys and clothes. Pop in toward the end of a sale to see if the owners are willing to give away any remaining baby stuff for free, a trade or a significantly reduced price.
- Freecycle: With a mission to keep good stuff out of landfills, Freecycle is made up of more than 5,000 local groups of people giving stuff away for free. Search your location to find a group near you and see its listings.
- Craigslist: Browse Craigslist freebies for baby stuff on offer in your area.