Work From Home
Alorica Is Hiring Tech Support in 22 States (HS Diploma Required)
Are you the go-to person among your family and friends when it comes to tech issues — not just because you have the knowledge but because you also have the patience to deal with people who can’t find the “on” button?
You could be the perfect fit for this work-from-home customer service/tech support job with Alorica.
In this position, you’ll help callers troubleshoot issues with their smartphones, home entertainment systems and appliances.
The job is available in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Maryland, Michigan, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Jersey, North Carolina, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin.
Customer Service & Technical Support Representative at Alorica
- Answering inbound calls, helping customers identify and troubleshoot technical issues in a step-by-step manner.
- Engaging with frustrated customers to de-escalate situations.
- Navigating multiple programs while speaking with customers and updating files.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Prior customer service experience.
- Basic technical skills and troubleshooting experience (experience in a technical support role is preferred).
- Positive, patient and professional attitude.
- Ability to work full-time hours and a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Dedicated home work space free of distractions.
- Hard-wired DSL or cable high-speed internet (no satellite, dial-up or wi-fi).
- Laptop or desktop computer (no Chromebook, Mac or tablets) with 4 GB RAM and Windows 10.
- USB headset with microphone.
- Webcam for training and internal meetings.
- Medical and dental benefits.
- Paid time off.
- Employee discounts.
- Paid training.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.