Work From Home
Amazon Is Hiring Seasonal Customer Service Associates in 12 States
It’s that time of year again: Thanksgiving is practically upon us. And then it’ll be Christmas. Then, next thing you know, the New Year’s Eve ball will be dropping and it will be 2019.
This time of year is always accompanied by boatloads of seasonal hiring, and Amazon is no exception.
The online retail giant is hiring seasonal, work-from-home customer service associates in Alabama, Arkansas, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee and West Virginia.
Remote customer service associates will be responsible for communicating with customers via phone, email and chat tools about issues such as damaged items, returns and late packages.
This is a seasonal, flex job. Seasonal employees can remain with Amazon for up to nine months, with the possibility for long-term employment.
Associates work an average of 20 to 29 hours per week, with additional hours during peak seasons, at a pay rate of $12 per hour.
And this is Amazon we’re talking about here — which means customer service is open 24/7. Flex employees are required to have a very flexible schedule to accommodate this.
Schedules will change throughout the employment period and are determined by “shift bids,” which factor in employee performance and business needs. Shifts include mornings, afternoons, evenings and usually one or both weekend days.
If hired, associates are required to complete four weeks of training, which requires a minimum of 28 hours per week at a pay rate of $10 per hour.
Amazon will provide a laptop, headset and Ethernet adaptor.
If the ever-changing schedule doesn’t sync with your lifestyle, or you’re interested in a gig that isn’t seasonal, no worries. Go check out our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal, we post new opportunities there all the time — and we vet them, too.
Seasonal Customer Service Associate at Amazon
Pay: $12 per hour
- Delivering timely and accurate customer service via phone, email and chat.
- Assisting customers with issues such as late packages, damaged items or refunds.
- Reviewing and researching solutions using a variety of tools.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience working with customers.
- A home workspace free from distractions.
- Fluency in English.
- Strong phone and computer skills.
- Ability to navigate the internet, email and chat tools efficiently.
- Ability to follow both verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to complete I-9 paperwork in person at a location Amazon will provide.
Technical requirements include:
- A reliable internet connection with a minimum of 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload speed — cable, DSL or fiber optic/FiOS providers only.
- A direct router/modem connection via Ethernet cable (i.e. no Wi-Fi).
- An external monitor, wired USB keyboard and wired USB mouse are preferred but not required.
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.