Work From Home
American Express Is Hiring a Virtual Travel Agent to Plan Dream Vacations
You make every trip more enjoyable.
If you previously worked in the high-end customer service or hospitality industries, American Express wants to put your knowledge to work as a full-time consultant for its premium card members.
The remote position requires top-notch customer service, sales skills and a knowledge of world geography, since you’ll be booking everything from flights and cars to hotels and entertainment for domestic and international destinations.
You must live in the Mountain or Pacific Time Zones (but not California), as your schedule will fall within the call center’s hours of operation: 5 a.m. to 2:30 a.m. local time. If you live within 35 miles from the company’s call centers in Phoenix, Arizona, you may be required to work on-site.
You’ll also need to work nights and weekends, and before starting your regular schedule, you must complete an 11-week paid training program.
Not the job for you? No worries. Check out our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal. We post new opportunities there all the time — and we vet them, too.
Virtual Travel Consultant at American Express
- Consulting with card members who plan to travel, then creating unique experiences for them by booking hotels, flights and entertainment specifically tailored to their needs.
- Delivering outstanding customer service, including calming stressed customers and helping resolve problems.
- Staying informed about developments in the travel industry to sell products and services.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Knowledge of travel, world geography and travel reservation systems.
- Computer skills and the ability to use multiple tools and systems.
- Great listening skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to stay positive and composed under pressure.
- High-end customer service, sales or concierge experience (travel reservation experience a plus).
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
- A secure home office free from distractions with a dedicated landline and high-speed internet that meets the company’s connectivity requirements.
- Paid training.
- A monthly allowance for phone and internet services.
- A one-time allowance for phone and internet installation.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder.