Work From Home
Amex Is Hiring Full-Time Customer Service Reps in 47 States
Sorry in advance, Alaska, California and Hawaii residents.
American Express is hiring experienced, full-time customer service representatives in 47 states. (Read our guide on why some companies hire only in certain states.)
This position requires two or more years of customer service experience, and schedules may include night and weekend shifts. Applicants within 35 miles of Sunrise, Florida, or Phoenix, Arizona, may be required to work on-site.
The 170-year-old financial services firm is perhaps best known for its credit cards. Customer service reps will field inbound calls, solve customer concerns and offer relevant products.
Virtual Customer Care Professional at American Express
- Fielding inbound calls regarding American Express credit cards.
- Troubleshooting customer inquiries and providing tailored assistance.
- Selling additional card-related products.
- Meeting performance standards based on customer satisfaction and sales rates.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A residence in any state except Alaska, California or Hawaii.
- A high school diploma (or equivalent); bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Two or more years of experience in a similar customer service or sales position.
- Technical savvy to quickly and accurately navigate through multiple Windows-based applications.
- An ability to work nights or weekends as needed.
- A landline phone connection (no internet-based phone service allowed); phone modem is preferred when available.
- DSL or cable internet connection with 25 Mbps download and 5 Mpbs upload speeds.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Tuition reimbursement plan.
- Parental leave.
- A one-time payment to cover phone and internet connection costs.
- A monthly allowance for phone and internet service fees.
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Be sure to browse other job listings in our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal. We post new opportunities all the time — and we vet them, too.
Adam Hardy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. He writes about the gig economy and legit work-from-home jobs. Read his latest stories, or say hi on Twitter @hardyjournalism.