Work From Home
Appen Is Hiring Content Reviewers to Stop the Spread of False Information
Here’s a chance to fight against false information on social media — and get paid for it.
Appen, a major data-services tech company, is hiring a team of research-savvy folks who are 55 or older to evaluate and fact-check videos, photos and online news.
“These evaluations will then help determine whether content will be flagged for removal across a variety of social media sites,” the listing states.
The contracted positions are flexible and part-time. A minimum of four non-consecutive hours per day is required, with opportunities to work 20 or more hours per week.
The onboarding process includes a two or three hour assessment, and Appen will provide you with all the necessary materials.
Content Reviewer at Appen
- Evaluate photos, videos and online news posted on social media.
- Determine whether claims made in online content are truthful.
- Forward false claims to be flagged for removal.
Applicants for this position must:
- Be 55 or older.
- Have a passion for truth and interest in news.
- Be available to work for at least four non-consecutive hours per day.
- Own a computer with a high-speed internet connection.
- Pass a two-plus hour long assessment during onboarding.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job