Work From Home
Can You Type 75 WPM? You Could Be an Entry-Level Transcriptionist
Warm up your fingers and get typing! Allegis is hiring an entry-level transcriptionist on a contract basis. You’ll transcribe audio files for the insurance and legal industries and get a consistent stream of work.
You must be able to type 75 words per minute and have an excellent grasp of the English language, but you can set your own hours and decide how much you work each week.
You’ll need to have a computer with Windows 8.1 or higher, plus high-speed internet and a USB foot pedal and headset.
To apply for this job, click here and select the “Work From Home — Entry-Level Transcriptionist” listing on the right hand side of the page.
Entry-Level Transcriptionist at Allegis
- Transcribing recorded audio files for the insurance and legal industries.
- Turning around assignments within a 24-hour window.
- Joining one to three video/phone meetings with a coach.
- Studying and practicing quality requirements for two to three hours per day for the first two to three weeks.
Applicants for this position must have:
- The ability to type 75 words per minute.
- Ability to transcribe 100 or more pages per week.
- Exceptional spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Fierce attention to detail.
- Standard computer literacy with the ability to troubleshoot common problems.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.