Work From Home
Earn $16.50/Hr as a Technical Support Representative for ABC Financial
When turning it off and back on again just doesn’t do the job, who you gonna call?
If you consider yourself a techie and have the troubleshooting skills of a wizard, why not join the ranks of tech support? After all, someone’s gotta help those of us who can only be described as technologically illiterate.
ABC Financial is currently hiring work-from-home technical support representatives, with pay starting at $16.50 per hour. For Spanish/English bilingual representatives, the pay jumps to $18 per hour.
Previous work experience in technical support isn’t required, but candidates must have strong technical knowledge and skills, such as linear troubleshooting and an understanding of modem and router networks. Applicants should also have stellar customer services skills.
The tech support help desk is open 24/7, so representatives are required to have a flexible schedule and must be willing to work any hours assigned to them. Also, reps aren’t allowed to miss any scheduled work hours during the first 60 days of employment.
The position is only open in the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kansas, North Carolina, Oklahoma, Texas and Virginia. (Here’s why some jobs are limited to certain states.)
If you meet the criteria and snag one of these positions, you will then go through “an intense” six-week pass-or-fail training program. The company will provide all required hardware for the job.
If your technical skills aren’t quite up to snuff or the company isn’t hiring in you state, don’t short circuit. You can check out our Work-From-Home Jobs Portal, we post new opportunities there all the time — and we vet them, too.
Technical Support Representative at ABC Financial
Pay: $16.50 per hour, $18 per hour for Spanish/English bilingual reps
- Taking inbound calls and maintaining a talk time average of 15 minutes or less
- Walking customers through software and hardware troubleshooting
- Creating incident tickets for each call
- Reviewing reported issues and resolving customer queries
- Maintaining a quality assurance of at least 80%
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma
- At least two years of experience in a technical support call center or equivalent
- Linear troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of modems and routers
- Proficiency in all Windows operating systems
- Strong customer service and multi-tasking skills
- A hard-wired, high-speed internet service
- Previous remote work experience is a plus
Internet speed requirements:
- Download speed at least 5 Mbps and upload speed at least 2 Mbps
- Packet loss: 2% or less
- Latency/Ping: 100 ms or less
- Jitter: 15 ms or less
Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. Her tech support knowledge begins and ends with “Did you try turning it off and turning it back on?”