Work From Home
EdTech Company Blackboard Needs Seasonal Help Desk Customer Service Reps
Hey problem-solvers, we have a job for you.
Educational tech company Blackboard is hiring seasonal help desk customer service advisers. In this role, you’ll troubleshoot technical issues, so strong computer knowledge is a must.
What isn’t a must? A college degree — the job is available to anyone 18 years or older with a high school diploma or its equivalent.
Help Desk Customer Service Adviser at Blackboard
- Responding to and resolving customer issues via telephone, chat and web applications.
- Installing computers, printers, phone and other peripheral equipment.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software issues
- Documenting interactions in a web-based ticketing system.
- Using the knowledge base to answer questions, identifying inaccurate information to immediate supervisor as necessary.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word and Excel, as well as knowledge of other internet applications.
- Ability to type 25 wpm and strong computer skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with education-related technology.
- Distraction-free work environment.
- Hardwired internet.
- Computer with minimum download speed of 10 Mbps, upload speed of 5 Mbps and ping less than 100 ms.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.