Work From Home
Education Company 2U Needs a Tech Support Specialist — Benefits Included
Got a head for tech but a heart for humans?
The education technology company 2U is hiring a work-from-home technical support specialist to assist students and faculty.
For this role, you’ll need to understand 2U software inside and out but be able to explain it in a professional, courteous and tactful way (meaning no snark when the teacher can’t figure out how to turn on a computer).
You’ll also need to be available to work nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
Technical Support Specialist at 2U
- Resolving technical issues for 2U students and faculty or escalating as necessary to proper teams.
- Becoming an expert on 2U software.
- Training new hires.
Applicants for this position must have:
- One to three years of experience working in customer or technical support, specifically assisting customers using phone, email and chat software.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Familiarity with current Apple and Microsoft operating systems, as well as video conferencing software.
- Ability to work with a team to identify areas of improvement.
- Excellent time management and communication skills.
- Flexibility to adapt to a fast-changing environment.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Unlimited paid time off and a winter break from Christmas through New Year.
- Disability and life insurance.
- Tuition reimbursement program.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.