Work From Home
This Education Company Is Hiring Tech Support (Work Anywhere in the U.S.)
Hey tech problem solvers, this could be the solution to your job-search woes.
Education technology company Blackboard is looking for help desk customer service advisors across the U.S. In this position, you’ll be the reference person for all user IT-related questions and ensure all systems are running optimally.
If you have previous experience in customer service or the education industry, be sure to include that info, as they’re both preferred qualifications for this job.
Technical Support Advisor at Blackboard
- Resolving customer inquiries via phone, chat and web, escalating issues to supervisor when necessary.
- Documenting information in a web-based ticketing system.
- Helping customers installing and maintaining computers, printers and other equipment.
- Troubleshooting hardware and software.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent (some level of higher education preferred.)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, including Word and Excel.
- Familiarity with education-related technologies.
- Quiet, distraction-free work environment.
- DSL or Cable Internet that is hardwired via ethernet.
- Computer with minimum download speed of 10 Mbps, minimum upload speed of 5 Mbps and ping less than 100 ms.
- Strong computer knowledge, including the ability to accurately type at least 25 wpm.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.