Work From Home
Github Is Hiring a Copywriter Who Can Speak the Language of Developers
Github, a software development company that helps teams collaborate together more easily and efficiently, is looking for a copywriter. But it takes more than just great writing chops to land this job.
While creating and editing great content is a must, Github is also looking for a copywriter with over two years of experience writing code and other technical content. This position will work closely with developers and needs to be able to speak their language and understand their point of view.
This is a full-time remote position open to the U.S. and Canada with an amazing package of benefits including unlimited PTO, five months of parental leave, and one week of paid leave for volunteering efforts.
Copywriter at Github
- Creating documentation for developers learning about products and features.
- Collaborating with the product documentation team to create and maintain developer content.
- Reviewing and editing content from other writers and developers.
- Communicating across teams about user feedback, product direction and vision and technical product information.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Two or more years of experience documenting APIs, writing code samples, quickstart guides, and other technical content.
- Familiarity with HTTP and web requests.
- Ability to manage complex writing projects from start to finish with high attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Unlimited PTO.
- Five months of parental leave.
- Gym membership.
- One week PTO for volunteering.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.