Work From Home
Got Customer Service Experience? LawnStarter Is Hiring an Assistant Manager
How mulch do you want to be a part of a cutting-edge business?
LawnStarter is growing its staff and hiring a full-time assistant manager for its customer support team.
In this role, you’ll coach your team of 10 to 15 agents to be a cut above the rest when it comes to the customer experience.
The job is a remote position available to residents of Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, Texas or Virginia. But the company’s home turf is in Austin, Texas, so you’ll need to cut a path to the office for initial training and then once a quarter — the company will cover travel and lodging.
Assistant Manager, Customer Support at LawnStarter
- Hiring and coaching a team of support agents.
- Monitoring agents’ performance and metrics.
- Updating policies and processes for the team to reference.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least two years of customer support experience.
- At least one year of coaching and small team management experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Remote work and remote management experience is a plus.
- Familiarity with Zendesk and Five9 is a plus.
- Quiet, dedicated workspace with a reliable high-speed internet connection.
- Computer that uses Google Chrome with multiple tabs open at all times.
- Headset and webcam.
- The listing states that the company offers “all the usual startup perks.” But probably not a lawn mower.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.