Work From Home
Got Leadership and Customer Service Skills? Dyson Is Looking for You
I have to admit I am a huge fan of Dyson vacuum cleaners, despite the high price — and yeah, I’m at that age when buying a new vacuum is exciting…
But what might be a little more exciting for someone with excellent customer service and leadership skills is the ability to put them to use in a work-from-home setting.
Dyson is looking to fill a leadership role with many responsibilities, from developing and leading a team of customer service agents to assisting with the recruiting and training of new candidates and ensuring the company is hiring the best talent available.
The ideal candidate must have a minimum of three years’ experience in a leadership role and be available to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends.
Online Chat Team Supervisor for Dyson
- Developing and leading a customer service team while managing the day-to-day activities of all team members.
- Identifying development areas for each team member to ensure personal development plans are in place.
- Conducting one-on-one sessions with each team member, along with regular team meetings to keep the team up-to-date on company news and information regarding department changes and overall performance.
- Providing coaching on sales and customer service techniques based on chat transcript reviews.
- Driving revenue growth with the creation of chat workflows and staffing strategies.
- Creating and maintaining performance metrics to assist in staff planning
- Making scheduling recommendations based on call volume and performance metrics.
- Updating all training materials on a regular basis and providing training assistance for the Quality and Training team as needed.
- Monitoring call queues to make any needed adjustments based on call volume.
- Updating reports as assigned, including daily activity reports, agent and department scorecard reports
- Handling escalated customer interactions in a prompt and professional manner.
- Participating in recruiting activities for the department to ensure Dyson is hiring the best talent available.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma (required). A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Typing skills with a minimum of 45 wpm (preferred).
- Knowledge of email and chat management systems (required).
- A minimum of three years experience in a leadership role (required).
- At least one year of experience in a leadership role within a chat and email team (required).
- A minimum of three to five years of experience in a call center environment (preferred).
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office programs including Excel, Word and PowerPoint (preferred).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to resolve escalated customer issues.
- Proven leadership abilities, including inspiring and motivating a growing team.
Jessica Gray is an editorial assistant at The Penny Hoarder. Read her other articles and full bio here.