Work From Home
Got Retail Experience? This Beauty Customer Care Rep Job Pays $16/Hour
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But money looks good to everyone, amiright?
VIPdesk Connect is hiring a customer care representative for one of its beauty brand clients.
For this full-time job, you’ll need best-in-class customer service skills to assist and upsell customers buying skincare, makeup and bath and body products.
You’ll be scheduled to work 32 to 40 hours per week. You must work at least one weekend shift each week, but you will get two days off per week.
The job is open to residents of the following states: Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Nevada, North Carolina, New Jersey, New Mexico, Ohio, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia or Wisconsin. (Here’s why some WFH jobs have residency restrictions.)
A mandatory (but paid) two-week training begins on or about Feb. 12. The classes run daily Monday through Friday from noon to 6 p.m. ET — you’ll need a web camera to attend.
Customer Care Representative at VIPdesk Connect
- Responding to customers in a professional, enthusiastic manner via phone, email, text and chat.
- Assisting customers with order placement, returns and replacements, product inquiry and recommendations, and escalated issues.
- Meeting or exceeding metrics for attendance, quality and sales.
- Documenting customer interaction details.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent (associates or bachelor’s degree preferred).
- At least three years of experience in retail or customer care.
- Experience with and passion for premium beauty brands.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to type at least 35 words per minute, using correct spelling and proper grammar.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience working with a customer service ticketing system, such as Bright Pattern or Zendesk, strongly preferred.
- Ability to work scheduled shifts that include weekends and holidays.
- Home office with wired internet connection, headset and computer system that meets VIPdesk Connect requirements.
- Ability to pass credit, criminal and employment reference security checks.
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.