Work From Home
Got Tech Skills? Sykes Is Hiring Part-Time Search Raters in 37 States
You’re surfing the web anyways — why not get paid to give your opinion on it?
Sykes is hiring part-time search quality raters to evaluate search engine results for relevancy and quality.
There’s no set schedule after the initial training, so long as you work 15 to 20 hours per week.
This job is available in every state except Alaska, California, Delaware, Hawaii, Illinois, Louisiana, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont and Washington. It is also unavailable in Washington D.C. and Puerto Rico.
But be warned: The job listing notes that you must “have the ability to review offensive/mature content without being offended.” And this is the internet we’re talking about, so there’s some reeeeally offensive stuff out there.
And on that note, you must be 18 years or older for this job.
Search Quality Rater at Sykes
- Performing simple web searches on specific topics and rating the results within an average allotted time.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Strong computer and tech skills.
- Typing speed of at least 45 words per minute.
- PC (no Macs).
- Activated smartphone with Wi-Fi capability.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.