Work From Home
Have Experience as a Mortgage Underwriter? Check Out This Sutherland Job
It takes a lot of work to weigh the risks and realities of the situation to determine whether or not a mortgage application can and should be approved.
If you have three or more years of experience with mortgage underwriting and a strong desire to succeed, you could be a good fit for this job with business processing company Sutherland. The company is hiring a mortgage underwriter for a full-time, work-from-home position. It includes benefits like medical insurance, a 401(k), paid time off and employee discounts.
Mortgage Underwriter at Sutherland
- Analyzing mortgage applications and pertinent information as presented by the broker.
- Applying internal and investor guidelines to the credit decision process.
- Minimizing turnaround times by prioritizing deals in Workflow.
- Selecting required conditions on each deal that must be satisfied prior to the mortgage receiving funding.
- Verifying the accuracy of the information on the mortgage applications.
- Reviewing documentation for compliance with regulatory and internal guidelines.
- Review documentation for compliance with internal and regulatory guidelines.
- Obtaining any outstanding documentation needed to complete requirements by reaching out to processors.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least three years of mortgage underwriting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to multitask with exceptional organizational skills.
- Prior experience with automated underwriting systems required.
- Flexibility when it comes to scheduling.
- Familiarity with FNMA/FHLMC guidelines required.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Paid time off and paid holidays.
- Employee discounts.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.