Work From Home
Have Experience in Medical Billing? Apply for This Job With Ochin
National health information network Ochin is hiring a billing specialist to help its member clinics who provide quality healthcare for under-served and underprivileged people. This is a highly collaborative role in a fast-growing company that will help create processes and policies for the future.
This is a fully remote position with a great benefits package that includes health insurance, a 401(k), paid time off and tuition assistance.
Billing Specialist at Ochin
- Maximizing reimbursement by providing professional account receivable services to member clients.
- Billing for Medicare, Medicaid and other insurances and processing claims according to payer requirements and organization policy.
- Making corrections to charge and claim errors as needed.
- Researching and resolving all credit balances.
- Handling inbound phone calls from patients inquiring about billing.
- Requesting late or missing documents from team members as required for accurate billing.
- Monitoring accounts receivables.
- Registering patients in Epic.
- Maintaining complete and accurate billing and accounts receivable records.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- One year of experience in a similar role.
- Basic knowledge of Ohio Medicaid and/or California Medicaid processes required.
- Basic understanding of Medicare, Medicaid, MVA, Workers Comp and private insurance billing.
- High speed internet service.
- A distraction-free work environment.
- Ability to work 40 hours per week and the ability to be flexible with scheduling, including working any time between 6 a.m. and 5 p.m.
- Health, dental and vision insurance.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Paid time off.
- Parental leave.
- Volunteer time off.
- Tuition assistance.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.