Work From Home
Help Students Prepare for the Workforce as a Career Material Adviser
Graduating from school is just the beginning; then the real work starts. Finding a job, or even better, a career, is the real goal and that is a whole new set of challenges. 2U is a an online education platform that partners with universities to create lifelong learning. One of the ways that it helps students is by guiding them through the process of creating strong resumes, Linkedin profiles, portfolios and more to prepare them for that post-college job search.
The company is hiring a career material adviser to help students polish up their professional documents. This is a full-time, remote position with full benefits including unlimited PTO.
Career Material adviser at 2U
- Using employer-competitive rubrics to provide written feedback to students on their resumes, LinkedIn profiles and technical portfolios.
- Working cross-departmentally to help improve team processes and tools.
- Working with the training coordinator to help train new team members as needed.
- Running or assisting with online student workshops.
- Keeping thorough records of activity using the company software.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivated with a deadline-driven mentality.
- Experience with Microsoft Word/Google Docs.
- Ability to prioritize and adjust as priorities shift.
- Comfort with video meetings.
- Certified Professional Resume Writers (CPRW) and Nationally Certified Resume Writers (NCRW) certification are preferred.
- Experience with CRMs such as Salesforce a plus.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage.
- Life and disability insurance.
- Paid parental leave.
- Tuition reimbursement.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Paid volunteer days off.
- No work from Christmas through New Years.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.