Work From Home
Hey, Lone Star State: Verizon Is Hiring Experienced customer Service Reps
Hey, Lone Star State: Want to work from home?
Verizon is hiring customer service reps in Texas — but you’ll be so much more, according to the job description. You’ll also be a salesperson, billing expert and troubleshooter all rolled into one.
So if you’re a tech-savvy problem solver who loves to help people, this job could be the perfect fit for you.
As part of the hiring process, you may be required to take a 30-minute assessment and record a 30-minute video interview.
Customer Service Representative at Verizon
- Speaking with customers, answering questions, building relationships and selling solutions.
- Troubleshooting customer problems and identifying solutions.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or GED (associate degree is preferred).
- At least one year of customer service and/or sales experience.
- Willingness to work split shifts, evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Hard-wired cable or fiber modem internet service capable of at least 25mbps.
- Dedicated, private workspace with a desk and chair. (Verizon conducts periodic home audits via webcam to ensure your workspace meets requirements.)
- Time-management and self-sufficiency skills.
- Company-provided computer equipment.
- Tuition assistance.
- Paid parental leave.
- Employee discounts.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.