Work From Home
Korean, Japanese, Spanish and Portuguese Speakers: Apple Is Hiring
Working for the world’s first trillion dollar company from the comfort of your home sounds like a dream, but it isn’t. Here’s your chance to live Apple-y ever after.
Apple is filling several bilingual partner relations openings. The full-time positions are open to English speakers who are fluent in Spanish, Japanese, Korean or Brazilian-Portuguese. They are available anywhere in the U.S.
Depending on your location and second-language, schedules may require non-standard business hours.
As a partner relations adviser, you will assist app developers and companies with questions related to App Store programs and products.
Verbal and written fluency in English and one of the above languages is required, plus at least two years of related customer service experience.
The job listings are separated according to language requirements, and each one requires different scheduling availability:
- Brazilian Portuguese-English speakers with availability between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. CST (8 a.m. and 11:30 p.m. EST), apply here.
- Japanese-English speakers with availability between 4 p.m. and 2 a.m. PST (7 p.m. and 5 a.m. EST), apply here.
- Korean-English speakers with availability between 2 p.m. and 2 a.m. PST (5 p.m. and 5 a.m. EST), apply here.
- Spanish-English speakers with availability between 7 a.m. and 10:30 p.m. CST (8 a.m to 11:30 p.m. EST), apply here.
All advisers are required to attend five to six weeks of training, which may not align with the work hours mentioned above.
Partner Relations Adviser at Apple
- Responding to developer questions related to App Store products and programs.
- Escalating complex issues to the appropriate team, when required.
- Ensuring developer-service web pages are up to date.
- Tracking and reporting the source of repeated issues.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Fluency in English and one other language mentioned above.
- At least two years of customer support experience.
- An ability to type 40 words per minute while speaking to customers.
- A quiet, designated work space.
- High speed internet (10 MBps download, 3 MBps upload).
- Health, dental, vision and life insurance.
- 401(k) retirement plan with employer match.
- Employee stock purchasing programs.
- Paid time off.
- Parental leave.
- Employee discounts.
- Tuition reimbursement programs.
Adam Hardy is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder. He specializes in unique ways to make money and legit work-from-home job opportunities. Read his latest stories, or say hi on Twitter @hardyjournalism.