Work From Home
Live in Arizona and Speak English and Spanish? Field Calls for the IRS
This time of year people have a lot of questions. Which tax form do they need? Why is their COVID stimulus money not in their account yet?
Maximus is a company that helps government agencies handle calls like these. It is hiring a customer service representative who speaks both English and Spanish to field calls for the IRS. No financial experience is needed.
This is a full-time, work-from-home position, but you must live in Tempe, Arizona to apply.
IRS Bilingual Customer Service Rep — English/Spanish at Maximus
- Answering inbound calls and taking care of customer service inquiries and issues. Some email correspondence may also be necessary.
- Keeping records of consistently problematic areas.
- Gathering information, tracking and troubleshooting using a computer system.
- Referring customers to secondary sources, published materials or escalating to more senior staff members.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Six months of experience in customer service.
- Ability to speak both English and Spanish fluently.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check and IRS tax review.
- Private workspace.
- Internet access.
- A computer with a headset and a microphone.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.