Work From Home
Looking for Part-Time Seasonal Work? Amazon Is Hiring in 18 States ($15/Hr)
This work-from-home job is a “prime” opportunity for someone hunting for seasonal remote work.
Amazon is hiring seasonal customer service associates. Available in 18 states, this gig pays $15 per hour.
In this role, you’ll assist Amazon customers and drivers by phone, email or chat by reviewing account information and providing solutions.
Applicants must live in one of the following 18 states: Alabama, Arizona, Arkansas, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington, Wisconsin or Wyoming. According to the job posting, you cannot live in a ZIP code that’s 50 miles away or less from one of Amazon’s customer service offices.
Once hired, you’ll attend mandatory paid training. After completion, you’ll be assigned a work schedule that will most likely be different than your training schedule. Schedule flexibility is a requirement as it will change based on Amazon’s needs. You will be told two weeks in advance of any schedule changes.
Your typical work schedule will be between 20 and 29 hours per week with the expectation to work up to 60 hours a week if a large-scale event or peak season requires a need for it.
Seasonal Customer Service Associate at Amazon
Pay: $15 per hour
- Helping Amazon customers and drivers by phone and sometimes email and chat.
- Using programs and tools to research accounts and provide solutions.
Applicants for this position must:
- Attend all mandatory paid training sessions.
- Not be a current Amazon employee. (If you are, contact your local HR rep to discuss your transfer eligibility.)
- Have a distraction-free work environment in your home.
- Have a high school diploma.
- Have internet speeds of 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload from a cable, DSL or fiber optic/Fios provider only. (No satellite internet providers or wireless connections.)
- Provide a current mailing address; no post office boxes will be accepted when sending the provided equipment.
- Agree not to provide child or adult care during work hours.
- Have previous customer service and call center experience (preferred).
- Have experience working in a fast-paced environment.
- Overtime pay that is 1.5x your base rate.
- Health insurance plan available after 90 days of employment.
- Employee discount.
- Employee assistance program.
Matt Reinstetle is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.