Work From Home
Love Online Content? Be a Junior Editor/Marketing Specialist (Temporary)
Getting new online content created, edited and perfected for website publication takes specific skills. You need to know good writing, and you need to have the ability to edit and understand SEO, content management systems and web analytics.
If that sounds like you, Digital Trends may have the job you’re looking for. Digital Trends, a company that talks tech to a millennial audience, is hiring a junior editor/marketing specialist to help with all things content-related.
This is currently listed as a temporary, hourly position. Candidates will preferably be in Portland, Oregon, but the right candidate could be remote.
Junior Editor/Marketing Specialist at Digital Trends
- Publishing, or preparing for publishing, a high volume of content daily by partnering with the managing editor and commerce strategist.
- Prioritizing the production of article layouts for evergreen content, list posts and guides within the content management system.
- Creating, editing and/or curating assets for content production.
- Creating and managing landing pages.
- Creating and managing website navigation structures.
- Ensuring content is produced on time to meet deadlines.
- Helping content meet content styling, brand guidelines and SEO standards.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least two years of experience in creating and editing content.
- Post-graduate degree preferred.
- Demonstrable experience working with digital media.
- Proficiency with WordPress and Google Analytics.
- Social media experience (preferred).
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.