Work From Home
Make Up to $19.20/Hr as a Customer Service Contractor for LiveOps
Does your work-from-home enterprise need a little income boost?
LiveOps is hiring seasonal, independent contractors to provide customer service for the financial software company Intuit. This is a seasonal position that begins in January and ends April 15, but successful agents will have the opportunity to continue regular work after.
This positions is best suited for applicants with a telecommute office already set up at home — Liveops has strict home-office requirements. Since January through April is considered the “peak season” for Intuit, agents must work a minimum of 15 to 20 hours per week. Calls are open 8 to 12 a.m. EST, seven days a week, so agents can work when they want as long as they meet the weekly hour requirements.
There are two days with extra requirements: Jan. 29 demands at least five hours and April 15 (Tax Day) requires at least seven hours.
Pay is based on talk-time, at 32 cents per minute, meaning there’s an opportunity to make up to $19.20 hourly.
Contractors must attend a three-week certification course online. The certification is a combination of self-paced coursework and virtual classes. The program begins on Jan. 14, and it runs five days a week. Attendance is required.
Seasonal Customer Service Representative (Contractor) at LiveOps
Pay: 32 cents per talk-time minute, up to $19.20 an hour
- Conversing with customers through inbound and outbound calls, as well as video chat using Intuit’s SmartLook technology (provided by the company)
- Researching and resolving Intuit customer questions
- Using analytical and organizational skills to troubleshoot problems
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least three years of technical support experience
- Experience taking inbound and outbound calls
- A wired, high-speed internet connection
- A dedicated landline
- A USB headset
- Proper technical equipment, listed here
- Previous experience using programs such as QuickBooks or TurboTax is preferred
Adam Hardy is an editorial assistant at The Penny Hoarder. Kaitlyn Blount is a staff writer at The Penny Hoarder.