Work From Home
REI Is Hiring Outdoor Enthusiasts in 20 States for Call Center Positions
REI is seeking nature lovers to work from home as seasonal virtual call center representatives from a number of states. After completing a virtual interview, assessment and a background check, you will help customers with their orders, returns, memberships and credit card services.
Orientation, sales and required training is from Oct. 12-15 or Oct. 18-22 between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m. PST or 10 a.m. and 5 p.m. PST. Your work schedule may include weekends, and your shifts will be between 12-40 hours per week, with an average of 18-24 hours per week.
To qualify, you should have at least six months of call center experience and at least one year of real or customer service experience.
REI will provide you with a headset and Ethernet cable, but you need to have a cell phone or tablet, a modem or modem/router, a computer and an open USB port. Your computer should be a Mac 10.11 or newer or a Windows 8.1 or 10, and your router needs to support 10/100Mbps ethernet.
Benefits are provided to those who qualify, and include healthcare, discounts and equipment rentals.
Seasonal Virtual Call Center Representative for REI Coop
- Resolving customer issues via phone, chat and email.
- Navigate many systems to help place orders and gather info.
- Promote REI goods along with the REI membership and credit card.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least six months of call center experience.
- At least one year of retail or customer service experience.
- Ability to multi-task including navigating through at least 10 screens.
- Eligible workers may receive health benefits and store discounts.
Check out related work-from-home posts:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Danielle Braff is a freelancer in Chicago.