Work From Home
This Safety Alert App Needs Writers to Work the Night Shift (With Benefits)
Calling all night owls!
Citizen, a personal safety app that provides real-time alerts, is seeking former journalists, first responders and crime buffs to monitor police scanners and other sources to provide real-time local updates.
You’ll need to be available to work 10 p.m. to 7 p.m. EST five days a week (if you have the flexibility to work weekend shifts, that’s a plus). You must have previous experience working similar hours to be considered for this position, which is available anywhere in the U.S..
Remote Safety Alert Writer at Citizen
- Reporting on crime and public safety emergencies in real time.
- Monitoring multiple streams of data for coverage areas, including police scanners.
- Collaborating with colleagues to investigate national or international stories.
- Craft social media posts on developing incidents.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Fluency in English (bilingual English/Spanish a plus).
- Typing speed of at least 60 words per minute.
- Multitasking skills and an attention to detail.
- Experience in journalism, a creative field, startup or public safety preferred (experience using Citizen and listening to police radio a plus).
- Medical, dental and vision insurance.
- Flexible spending account.
- Paid time off and company holidays.
- Stock option plan.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
- Want to Work From Home but Don’t Know Where to Start? Try These Companies
- These Home Office Essentials Will Prepare You for Your Work-From-Home Job
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.