Work From Home
Set Your Own Schedule and Earn Up to $20/Hour Teaching English Online
Are you a born teacher?
EF (Education First) is hiring online instructors to teach English to students China, ages 5 to 10 years old.
The kids will take in-person classes in China, then log on with you for supplemental lessons via video chat. Courses last five months, and although you can pick your own schedule, choosing consistent time slots will help.
The starting pay for the role is $13.20 per hour, with classes scheduled in half-hour blocks. But you can increase your pay — an extra $2 an hour if you don’t cancel any classes that month, for instance — to up to $20 an hour.
Teacher at EF
- Delivering 25-minute one-on-one online classes.
- Providing a brief summary of the lesson (in English) to students and parents.
Applicants for this position must have:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Fluency in English.
- Ability to connect and motivate kids age 5 to 10.
- Minimum 40 hour TEFL Certificate or equivalent
- Computer, headset and reliable WiFi.
- U.S. residency and work authorization.
- Flexible schedule — earn more money by working early mornings and weekend nights.
- Performance bonuses.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWende