Work From Home
Speak Spanish and English? This Company Needs a Telephone/Video Interpreter
Few things are as frustrating as not being understood, especially where there is a language barrier. LanguageLine Solutions helps people reach and understand each other with interpreters in 240 languages. It works in industries like health care, banking and law.
The company is currently hiring people who are fluent in both English and Spanish to be Spanish interpreters via telephone and video. According to the listing, both “regular or contract positions are available,” depending on business needs.
Spanish Interpreter at LanguageLine Solutions
- Answering calls and interpreting for clients in a professional manner.
- Peaking clearly with proper pronunciation in both English and Spanish languages.
- Handling difficult calls or emergency situations in a calm, professional demeanor.
- Understanding the terminology and protocol for a variety of industries, including finance, law, medical and insurance.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A high school diploma or equivalent.
- The ability to speak and read both English and Spanish fluently and knowledge of the associated cultures.
- The ability to listen, take notes with a high level of accuracy.
- Education or work experience in language-related fields such as teaching, language assessment, translation or interpretation (preferred).
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tyler Omoth is a contributor to The Penny Hoarder.