Work From Home
Stop Scammers With This Customer Support Role at Sendwave
How good are you at spotting scams?
Sendwave, an international money-transfer service, is hiring a user protection support representative to help users send money to friends and family in Africa and Asia — and protect customers from fraudulent money transfers.
In this role, you’ll help users submit identification docs and fulfill compliance requirements, helping ensure customers are sending funds to legit recipients.
You’ll need to commit to a full-time schedule, from 4 p.m. to midnight EST, Sunday through Thursday.
Fluency in Somali, Swahili, Italian, Spanish or French is a plus.
Customer Support Representative at Sendwave
- Assisting new users via phone, text and email with issues related to the onboarding process.
- Completing the verification process and using anti-fraud tools to determine if new users are legitimate and can use Sendware.
Applicants for this position must have:
- At least two years of customer service experience and at least some call center experience.
- Decision-making and problem-solving skills that allow you to be firm with fraudsters and empathetic with legitimate users.
- Natural curiosity and the ability to track patterns as they develop.
- Ability to work weekends, evenings and holidays as required.
- Authorization to work in the United States or Canada.
- Quiet work space with reliable, fast internet connection.
- Benefits package.
- Equipment — a laptop, phone and headset is provided.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.