Work From Home
Sutherland Is Hiring an Accounts Receivable Associate (Experience Required)
If you have both determination and an analytical mindset, this could be the job for you.
Sutherland, a support service company, is hiring an accounts receivable associate, who will be responsible for reporting, tracking payments and appealing denials for patient accounts.
You’ll need a strong attention to detail, as you’ll be dealing with patients, insurance companies and third-party payers.
The job is available anywhere in the U.S.
Accounts Receivable Associate at Sutherland
- Following up on payments for assigned patient accounts.
- Conducting ongoing collection activity via phone, email or online until account is resolved.
- Researching insurance plans for benefits and types of coverage.
- Reviewing contracts for errors and requesting re-bills, secondary billing or corrected bills as necessary.
- Escalating appeals and identifying delays to the appropriate parties.
- Ensuring compliance with state and federal laws for managed care and third party payers.
Applicants for this position must have:
- High school education, technical training and/or medical claims or hospital collections experience.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and professional manner.
- Thorough understanding of the revenue cycle process and managed care collections, including contracts and federal and state requirements.
- Intermediate understanding of hospital billing form requirements.
- Paid training.
- Paid time off.
- Vision, dental and health insurance.
Check out related work-from-home stories:
Tiffany Wendeln Connors is a staff writer/editor at The Penny Hoarder. Read her bio and other work here, then catch her on Twitter @TiffanyWendeln.